Our Rules for Ordering Urea Products:
Our Diesel Exhaust Fluid Kits contain urea in dry, pelletized form and is safe to ship and handle per the MSDS. However, because there are situations where urea can be misused, by ordering from us you agree to comply with the following:
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You will not use the material for any illegal activities.
- You will not hold Five Star DEF LLC liable for any damages caused by materials shipped to you that are NOT used for making Diesel Exhaust Fluid.
- You are responsible for complying with all laws regarding the use and storage of urea.
- Shipping is only available by ground transportation within the USA.
- You will not resell our products outside the USA
- You have read the MSDS for our urea products.
Five Star DEF LLC Standard Shipping Policy
Our Standard Shipping uses the best available shipping method for your location and for the items purchased. For most customers, this will be FEDEX Ground. In some cases, USPS Priority Mail and USPS First Class Mail may be used for our accessories. Some addresses are not serviced by USPS. If so, please advise us in the order comments section and provide an alternate address that USPS can use.
Daily processing of orders ends at 10:00 am PST. Orders in after that time will be processed the next day. For items we have in inventory, we do our best to ship orders the same day that they are ordered. Occasionally, we need to replenish our stock for an item prior to shipping. If this is the case, we’ll let you know when your item will be shipped, usually not more than 5 business days after your order.
Insurance & Claims
We package all of our shipments carefully. Occasionally, items will become damaged during shipping. These circumstances are beyond our control. Insurance is applied to all FEDEX shipments. If you discover damage to your shipment, please contact us immediately to file a claim and we will send you a replacement product. Do not contact FEDEX about damaged shipments. Only Five Star DEF LLC can resolve claims with FEDEX.
Insurance is NOT provided for USPS shipments. A lost or damaged USPS shipment is not the responsibility of Five Star DEF LLC. We recommend using FEDEX for safe and prompt delivery.
30 Day Return Policy
Returns must be made within 30 days of purchase date. A credit may be issued towards another purchase or if a refund is preferred, a 15% restock fee will apply. Buyers are responsible for payment of shipping charges for both the original shipment and the return of the shipment.
We cannot refund any money if any containers have been opened, because we do not know if they have been contaminated. A seal is applied to each container. This seal must be intact in order to return any item.
In order to process a return, please contact us via our email or by phone to obtain a Return Material Authorization number.
Defective Merchandise (Missing Items, Unsealed Containers, etc)
All items leave our facility in very clean, brand new, and sealed condition. If they arrive in anything less, we must be notified within 24 hours and before the items are used. If you can provide photos of the damaged or defective item, please attach them in an email and specify whether you would like a replacement or refund. Products found to be defective must be returned within 30 days of purchase. The buyer is responsible for paying return shipping costs of a defective item. Five Star DEF will pay the shipping costs to send the replacement to the buyer, using the same shipping service as the original order.
Limited Product Warranty
We warrant to you that our Diesel Exhaust Fluid Kits are manufactured, fabricated and shipped to you free from defects in workmanship and materials, and conform to the written specifications and test results available on our website. Our only warranty obligation is to replace any item proved defective in material or workmanship. ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, ARE DISCLAIMED.
We make Five Star DEF per our instructions and use it in out 2013 Ford F350 Pickup. It has worked perfectly. IF you follow the instructions exactly, DEF conforming to ISO22241-1 will result. Upon request, we can provide technical information, including notarized test results for the batch of urea you purchased, and notarized ISO22241-2 Quality Test Report for DEF made by us using urea from the same batch as your product and commodity distilled water to your vehicle manufacturer or dealer in a warranty coverage dispute related to use of Five Star DEF. Don’t use Five Star DEF if your vehicle warranty does not allow you to refill your DEF tank yourself.
Limitation of Liability and Remedy
Five Star DEF will not be liable for any consequential damages that result from purchase or use of it’s products. Your only recourse with respect to claims related to purchased products is the right to return the products and obtain a refund of the purchase price. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCTS THAT GIVE RISE TO THE CLAIM.
Five Star DEF LLC Privacy Notice
This notice informs you of our privacy practices. This notice applies solely to information we collect on FiveStarDef.com or when you conduct business with Five Star DEF LLC. This notice defines:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Five Star DEF LLC Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
- We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to and collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
- We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of Five Star DEF LLC, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
- You may opt out of any future contacts from Five Star DEF LLC at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website in order to:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Five Star DEF LLC Security Policy
- We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
- Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way.
- You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
- While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.